Biography of Ellen Gisela Vree (geb. Küster)
Sperberstrasse 7, 48455 Bad Bentheim, Germany
Mail to Ellen Vree
- 1944-1952 Childhood in Berlin and Bueckeburg, Germany.
- 1953-1962 Diploma of grammar school.
- 1962-1974 Study of Fine Arts at the National
Academy of Art in Karlsruhe and " Ecole
des Beaux Arts" in Montpellier, France.
- 1963 Diploma in history of art, graphic art and
- 1965 Scholarship in Montpellier and
- 1969 Scholarship in Saint Cyprien with
the famous artist-painter Francois Desnoyer.
- 1967-1969 Study at the University of Heidelberg in the
French language and art history of China.
- 1968 Master degree in French at the Heidelberg`s Univ.
- 1965-1995 Exhibitions in France, Germany and The
The Netherlands. Commissions in Europe and Uruguay.
- Since 1996 Commissioned work about the subject :
"Europe, its history, present and future"
for a German foundation.
Regarding the style of my graphic artwork and paintings,
I don't follow the dead end street of abstract painting.
As I am educated in the classic masters` art works
- from Greece, Middle Age to Raphael and Rubens -
I shall always portray the human being right in the
centre and the world in which we live.
Allegories of man surrounded by archetypes
of natural forms, symbols and ornaments.
Back to Home Page